ABOUT THIS COURSE
Teaching Music in The Elementary Grades course presents material on the concept of music theory and its implementation on melodic/non-melodic musical instruments for the needs of musical composition in accordance with learning in elementary school
The study material in this course consists of an understanding of the theory as well as aspects of musical technical skills that are in accordance with the needs of elementary schools. In terms of knowledge, students are also charged with understanding literacy in writing music notation which is applied in soft music.
Furthermore, every musical instrument practice activity tends to be carried out in the form of an ensemble, this aims to hone the musical sense and character (discipline, responsibility and tolerance) of students in carrying out joint practice activities.
LEVEL OF COURSES
Level of this course is a basic subject of music education for students majoring in elementary school. This course is taken by first semester students as an introduction to advanced courses on the development of elementary school artistic creativity.
COURSE COMPLETION TIME FOR ALL (IN WEEK) AND NUMBER OF SEMESTER CREDIT UNITS
- 2 Semester Credit Unit
- This course is carried out for 2 credits or 1 hour 40 minutes for one week
TYPE OF COURSES
Knowledge and Skills (required)
- Able to master the theoretical concepts of musical elements and their functions on the development of competence and character of students;
- Able to master several instruments as a medium for learning music in elementary schools;
- Able to develop innovative learning strategies and methods within the scope of music education;
- Able to guide students in the practice of school music ensembles;
- Able to design school music performances as a forum for student appreciation.
Understanding the concept of art education; Understanding Concept art; Understand the Concept of Science and art technology.
LECTURER OF COURSE
Putra Afriadi is a lecturer in the primary school teacher education department at Unimed. he teaches courses in music, art and fine arts in the primary school teacher education department - UNIMED. he is active in researching music learning, developing elementary school art learning media, and relating to the philosophy of art education. he actively contributes to the world of education by collaborating with institutions engaged in education, which care about the development of education in Indonesia.
Putra Afriadi, S.Pd., M.Pd.
Email: [email protected]